Having fitness equipment at home is best for convenience as you can train or exercise anytime. Rowing machine is one of the best cardio exercises that will help you tone the muscles and work the upper body as well and for those who are interested, Stamina X AMRAP Vs Concept 2 are two popular options to consider. They are equally reliable and easy to use but, go check what they can offer first to see the perfect choice that matches your preference.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- Why Choosing Rowing Machine
- What are Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2
- What Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 Look Like
- How are the Drive Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2
- What else Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 can offer
- How are the Performance of Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2
- Stamina X AMRAP Vs Concept2
Rowing Machine Advantages
There are so many good fitness equipment out there that can help you maintain body fitness, weight, and overall being healthy by adding some physical activities into your daily routine. Just like any other machines, they are designed for specific purposes and have their own benefits that should be matched with what you need from the exercise. For those who love cardio but are looking for a low-impact equipment, a rowing machine is a great answer and solution to help you achieve many goals.
If you are not sure yet whether a rowing machine will be helpful in your journey of becoming healthier or have better fitness, here are some of the popular, well-known, and proven benefits of rowing machine:
- Total body workout is something we often seek from a fitness machine and many people still think that row machines are only useful for the arms. This is not true because according to the American Fitness Professionals Association, the rowing stroke movement itself comprises 65 to 75% leg work and 25 to 35% upper body work. The major muscles involved in the exercise are upper back, pecs, abdominal muscles, obliques, and arms.
- Sometimes when we try to be more active, our fitness level is actually very low or currently living a sedentary lifestyle and starting new is a challenge for most people. Rowing machines are great because almost everyone can do it with simple movement, including those with vision problems.
- Similar to other cardio equipment such as elliptical trainers, rowing machines are popular for being a low-impact option. Rowing movement helps your body burn serious calories without putting added stress on the joints which makes it ideal for those with a health issue or weak joints and elderly without interfering on your recovery process. It is even sometimes recommended as an exercise option for those with early stages of osteoarthritis.
- When looking for an exercise option, we also try to see what the added benefits besides fitness and burning calories are. Rowing movement is one of the most popular cardio exercises which means it strengthens your cardiovascular system including hearts, blood vessels, and blood. Because rowing is an intense workout, the heart has to work harder to transport more blood to the body hence, improving heart strength.
- Another benefit is its meditative effect because the movement can bring a calming effect. Despite not currently rowing at a lake, the smooth and gliding movement did promote this mind-body connection if you prefer a relaxing workout.
|Stamina X AMRAP||Concept 2|
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
|Product Dimensions||94 x 24.5 x 42 inches||96 x 24 x 14 inches|
|Shipping Weight||99 pounds||57.3 pounds|
About Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2
If these benefits are exactly what you are looking for, a rowing machine is a great option to consider. For those who have been exercising at a gym, this equipment will be much familiar for you but if this is your first rowing machine then it is great to learn how to use the machine first so then we can exercise properly. When selecting which machine to purchase, it is great to choose those from named brands to ensure their product’s quality.
There are quite a lot of fitness equipment companies with rowing machines in their catalogue so you can pick the one that fits your preference the most but, among those popular brands, Stamina and Concept2 are two reliable sources to shop from. Their products are often available in your gym’s cardio machines collection but the model made for commercial and home use are probably different. In general people love them due to the product’s quality and overall reliability but without the hefty price.
Depending on which fits in your pocket and preference the most, they have various machines or version to choose from and those planning to keep the budget lower than $1000, Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 especially its Model D will be two solid options that are going to deliver optimum performance but still easy to the pocket. These two are easily best-selling rowers in the market with tons of good reviews from their users and it all thanks to their ease of use, efficacy, as well as comfort.
The first thing we love from Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 is actually their heavy-duty frame which makes it secure for years of use since affordable models are often concerned with their material choice. These equally amazing rowers are made to mimic the real experience of rowing on water and it means they do have smooth movement. They are actually very similar in so many parts and we do think you can go well with any of them since from the performance, they are equally reliable.
About Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2
No matter where you go, a rowing machine will look the same including these two. They have a two feet at the end of the machine and in an elevation where the higher point is also supporting the driver which produces resistance. You will sit on top of the provided seat and supported by the flat steel panel and this seat will move backward or forward following your rowing movement. In a glance, Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 are the same machine, just like the rest of rowing machines out there.
When you receive these machines, they will be in a few parts with the main halves of the drive part and seating area so you will need to do a light assembly first. When fully assembled, the X AMRAP is measured at 94-inch long, 24.5-inch wide, and 42-inch tall compared to 96-inch long, 14-inch wide, and 24-inch tall. As for the built quality, they are mostly made of robust steel and equally capable of sustaining user weight up to 500 lbs. Read also: Nautilus R616 Vs Schwinn 270.
Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 Drive
When buying a rowing machine, the first thing you may want to know is their driver and in this part Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 are using the same air drive to provide the amount of resistance. The best thing about air resistance is their smooth movement since there are no magnetic brake elements and it also delivers dynamic response during rowing so the faster you pull the heavier the resistance will be. The main resistance is provided by the large wheel and both of these two also have dampers on the unit.
You can find numbers directly plated on the plastic case and this is from 1 to 9 or settings to allow you make an adjustment on how the intensity of airflow inside the flywheel case that in the end will affect the higher or lower its resistance. The mechanism of these machines are also the same as the unit’s drive is chain based so it is pulled with the attached handle to a heavy-duty chain; very similar to a bike’s chain. This can further promote longevity as it provides a robust system.
Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 Features
Moving further, the next main part of Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 is their console which in our opinion is an upgrade of an older display that only shows basic information. These displays are put in a short, thin arm so we can see them easier compared to those installed on the main frame. They are basic multi-panel LCD with various information such as the total stroke per minute and distance or interval. In addition, these monitors can read heart rate as well with compatible straps.
What’s different is that the Concept2 especially this Model D is coming with data transfer ability so not only Bluetooth, it has a USB port as well and using their app called ErgData, you can download the workout information and sync it directly to Concept2 online logbook.
Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 Performance
The last part we want to mention is their performance and in this side Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 are exactly the same. Both machines are technically identical and the user experience is also the same as the rowing movements are smooth, easy to adjust, can be assembled with only one person as well as providing enough information to improve or track your fitness. The unit is also solid and the feet are keeping the whole weight stable without any issue.
Stamina X AMRAP vs Concept 2
These rowing machines are ideal for those who want to be more active or plan to do low-impact exercise at home. In general, Stamina X AMRAP and Concept2 are the same in terms of capabilities and performance as well as features available and the only difference that may affect your choice is probably the data transfer which is only available in Concept2 especially this Model D. But, outside from this, user experience is the same among both machines.
All in all, there is no bad option among these reliable machines so you can go well with any options but depending on your budget and preference, if we have to pick one, the data transfer ability of Model D from Concept2 seems very useful.